Here's Episode 25 of The Brand Ballers Podcast with me and Mike Miello from Webodew. We've been talking about blogging for business and talk about finding a tone of voice for your blog that works with your audience. Check it out... https://soundcloud.com/brandballers-podcast/tone-of-voice
Podcast Show Notes:
In last week’s episode we talk about finding a content form that your audience will like, which is part of our 6 episode series on Blogging for Business. Just to mention those six topics, they are:
- High-level planning
- Find a content form that your audience will like
- Find a tone of voice
- Find a process
- Find a process to promote your blog after you’ve created something
- Find out if what you’re doing is actually any good (measuring if it’s working)
Today we will talk about finding a tone of voice.
The importance of choosing the right form of content
- Define the difference between tone of voice and format
- Form refers to structure and format
- Tone of voice refers to style of your work
- Will you come off as fun, serious, laid back. How will people recognize your work. (Colorful, safe for work, family friendly, on the edge)
- Your tone of voice can attract and repel people
- Ex. Edutige customers; DIYers; presentations viewers; students, non-native English speakers
- Webodew – try to sound approachable. Introverted people that want to find ways to become more vocal
- Demonstrates authenticity; you have to be comfortable with who you are portraying; It’s what makes you different; you don’t have to copy someone else; you’ll find a group of people that like who you are, how you communicate.
Actionable steps to take away from podcast
- Choose a tone of voice that works for you, that is authentic to who you are, or who you want to portray to your audience
- Define the type of people you want to attract; what is their personality
- How will you be different?
- Envision what you’d like your clients to say about you
Thanks for listening! If you’d like us to touch upon a particular topic on an upcoming podcast, send us a message with your question or suggestion.
Have a great day!